What are the Netherlands major imports and exports?
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$97.4 billion (16.3% of total imports)
- Machinery including computers: $85.7 billion (14.4%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $63.6 billion (10.7%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $35.1 billion (5.9%)
- Vehicles: $34.2 billion (5.7%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $27.6 billion (4.6%)
What are the Netherlands top exports?
Main exports are: machinery and transport equipment (28 percent of total exports), mineral fuels (23 percent), food (11 percent), clothing and footwear (10 percent) and pharmaceuticals (5 percent). Over 60 percent of total exports is sent to European Union countries.
What goods are exported imported from Netherlands?
Other Notable Exports
- Broadcasting equipment – $18.1 billion.
- Packaged medicaments – $16.2 billion.
- Computers – $11.2 billion.
- Office machine parts – $11.2 billion.
- Photo lab equipment – $9.81 billion.
What products are made in the Netherlands?
Souvenirs Shopping: 16 Genuine Dutch Things to Buy in Rotterdam
- Dutch Cheese. …
- Contemporary Dutch Jewelry. …
- Dutch Sweets. …
- Ceramics. …
- Nautical Decorative Oil Lamps. …
- Coffee Set & Cookie Jar. …
- Stroopwafels (Syrup Waffle) …
Is Netherlands expensive to live?
The general cost of living in the Netherlands is typically cheaper than its western European counterparts, despite offering the same standard of quality for food, housing, utilities, and public transport.
Why is the Dutch economy so strong?
The Netherlands has an advanced transportation infrastructure. This is part of the reason it is such a big economic player: The port of Rotterdam is the largest European seaport in the world, in terms of container activity. … The country has an advanced telecom infrastructure.
Is UK richer than Netherlands?
People in the Netherlands have been ranked fourth in a listing of the world’s richest countries, by net assets per capita, according to this year’s Allianz Global Wealth Report.
Allianz Global Wealth Report- Top 10 countries’ wealth per capita in 2013.
|Rank||Country||Net assets in euros|
What is in demand in the Netherlands?
Other in-demand jobs in the Netherlands include professionals and graduates working in health care, tax, interim managers and education. You can see the industries with the highest vacancies, as well as vacancies in the public and education sectors.
What does Germany export to the Netherlands?
The main products that Germany exported to Netherlands are Blood, antisera, vaccines, toxins and cultures ($4.65B), Packaged Medicaments ($3.94B), and Cars ($3.86B). … Comparison In 2019, Germany ranked 4 in the Economic Complexity Index (ECI 1.92), and 3 in total exports ($1.44T).
Does Netherlands import food?
Netherlands – Food imports as a share of merchandise imports
In 2019, food imports for Netherlands was 12.2 %. … Food comprises the commodities in SITC sections 0 (food and live animals), 1 (beverages and tobacco), and 4 (animal and vegetable oils and fats) and SITC division 22 (oil seeds, oil nuts, and oil kernels).