What should you not wear in Amsterdam?
Denim is always comfortable and allows for mobility; however, avoid skirts and dresses as they’re not practical for the weather and the cycling/walking activities you’ll be doing. They might leave you feeling uncomfortable and restrained.
What should I pack for 3 nights in Amsterdam?
What to Pack for a Trip to Amsterdam
- Remember to bring earplugs.
- Keep Maestro cards or cash on hand.
- Waterproof clothing is essential.
- Backpacks are handier than wheelie suitcases.
- Pack comfy shoes for walking and biking.
- Bring along a travel adapter for your devices.
- Purchase an OV-chipkaart when you arrive.
What do you wear to clubs in Amsterdam?
In general, Amsterdam’s bar and club scene is quite casual. Jeans and trainers are fine at the majority of clubs, as long as you look tidy, respectable and (mostly) sober. Ripped jeans and baseball caps might get you turned away, as will arriving in big groups – especially if the group is mostly men.
What should you buy in Amsterdam?
Souvenir Shopping in Amsterdam: 20 Dutch Things To Buy
- Custom Clogs. When people think of Holland they often imagine windmills and wooden shoes. …
- Dutch Licorice. …
- Puccini Chocolate Bonbons. …
- Nijntje Knuffel. …
- Blond Amsterdam Breakfast Set. …
- Pip Studio Bathrobe. …
- Guillotine Cheese Slicer. …
- Handmade Wallet.
What can you not bring into the Netherlands?
Restricted or prohibited to import / export
- € 10.000 or more.
- Pets (Domestic animals)
- Counterfeit products.
- Protected animals and plants.
- Animal products and foodstuffs.
- Plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables.
- Weapons and ammunition.
Does Amsterdam have a beach?
You might be surprised to hear it, but Amsterdam actually does have beaches. Strand Zuid, Dok and Sloterplas are located around the periphery of Amsterdam, and all have beach restaurants, water and sand.
What should I know before going to Amsterdam?
10 Things to Know Before You Go to Amsterdam
- Bring on the Beer. …
- Feast on Some Bitterballen. …
- Pick Up An OV Chipkaart. …
- Try the Indonesian Food. …
- Celebrate Koningsdag (King’s Day) With the Locals. …
- See the City on Two Wheels. …
- Stop by the Begijnhof. …
- Visit During Sail Amsterdam.
Is tap water in Amsterdam drinkable?
The answer to this question is simple: Yes! Tap water in Amsterdam is clean, safe, and delicious. You can simply enjoy water from the tap. So there is no hassle with plastic bottles.
Can you smoke cigarettes inside in Amsterdam?
Smoking cigarettes outside is allowed. Smoking cigarettes inside is not allowed in most places, including government buildings, train stations (a platform under a small roof is already considered ‘inside’), bars, restaurants etc.
Is Amsterdam cold in April?
HOW COLD IS AMSTERDAM IN APRIL? Amsterdam in April tends to be cold to cool with a few warmer days, especially towards the end of the month. Daily high temperatures will be mostly 10C-11C (50s F) early in April but will warm up to the mid to upper 13C-15C (50s F) near the end of the month.
Is Amsterdam safe to walk around at night?
No, walking around in Amsterdam at night, especially alone, is not safe. No matter which neighbourhood you stay in, it can become a bit sketchy. Keep your eyes open and use your common sense if you go out after dark. We don’t recommend solo-female travellers to explore the city at night.
What do girls wear in Amsterdam?
The dress code for Amsterdam (for women) in fall/spring for a casual day out typically involves a light/stylish (often leather) jacket, booties, and a blouse/t-shirt. In summer, you’ll see the dress code in Amsterdam switches more to dresses although many women will wear dresses year-round (but with lots of layers).